Sunday 1 March 2015

It's Sunday

Yep, it's Sunday, a day of rest, a day of housework, a day of sunshine and beach walks, picnics and reading but what am I doing? Sitting at my desk in front of my computer writing. Writing blog post, writing Facebook posts, writing to do list for the coming week. I've printed out orders that have come in and written the tags, I've packed and wrapped and satchels these orders.

Every Friday I promise myself I won't turn my computer on until Monday morning and every. single. time. I turn my computer on before Monday dawns. Saturday I can usually get away with just using my phone without needing to turn my computer on but Sunday's, Sunday's for some reason are different. I don't know why but I feel like I'm wasting precious 'work' time if I'm sitting reading or watching the tv or even walking by the beach. Why is this?

Do you feel you should be working all the time? Is it a business owner mine set? Is it the thought that 'if I don't do it no one else is going to', 'if I don't do it I won't have time later on', maybe it's just the feeling of working will some how, magically make more orders come in. If my computer's on then everyone else's must be too! It's like I can project my want, my need for orders through my computer screen just by staring at it or facebook some random, 'silly' post that'll suddenly make people - ooooh I MUST buy something from Rainbow Designs NOW!!!

I still have this ridiculous notion that as soon as I send a newsletter or publish a blog post I'll be inundated with orders and enquiries - it is yet to happen (11 years and counting!). I'm what you call an 'idiot' - doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. ha.

Maybe one day I'll learn, one day. In the mean time, I best get back to Facebook and like a post or three and get busy on another blog post!

How's your Sunday??

No comments:

Post a Comment