Friday 13 March 2015

Q is for...Quality

Taste testing is one of THE most important jobs I have at Rainbow Designs and my favourite job! The quality of the lollies and chocolates I sell as well as the quality of the tins and boxes I use to package the gifts in have to be spot on. I've had a few dodgy products over the years which I have had to either return or let the kids and/or parents eat on very rare occasions I have thrown things out but this is 'very' rare!

Our 'quality' lollies all taste tested by me!


I now have a set selection of lollies and chocolates that I use in my gifts are, at the moment, don't plan on adding any more. As previously mentioned, I've had a few disasters over the years and some wasted money spent on non sellers - stick to what I know people like, is now my motto!

Allens Confectionery has always been my main source for my lollies as just about everyone chooses Allens over all other brands. I did try The Natural Confectionery Co lollies a few years back but, surprisingly to me, they weren't a hit - people prefer Allens.

Quality doesn't just cover our products it also includes our website. I started off with a pretty (pretty ugly) website way back in 2004-2005 and gradually saved up enough money to be able to afford a professional looking website that had the function to back up the prettiness. It hasn't changed much over the last few years and I plan on keeping it as it is for the seeable future - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Quality Streets - I got a tin of these for Christmas! Just thought I'd share that with you :-)

Little Sweetie Gift Hamper


I also outsource the traditional gift hampers I sell on my website. I have been working with this company for quite a number of years now and know their quality control is just as strong as mine. I have never had a complaint about their hampers or the quality of the products, ever. I did have a few mishaps with a couple of other businesses I started to work with which could have had terrible consequences for my business so I cut ties with some and spoke to the others about the issues I was having. If businesses don't know something is wrong or a customer was disappointed we can't fix the problem. So, please let us know, the good, the bad and the ugly. Just do it in a nice way please, no need to be rude.

I schedule in some quality control every day (wink wink) I've got to be certain that the M&M's from yesterday are still just as yummy today - it is a hard life and I'm glad I get to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment