Tuesday 22 April 2014

The Aftermath Of Easter


So how did your household fare? 

Did your kids have a sleepless night in anticipation of the Easter bunny refusing to go to bed or were they in bed eagerly awaiting the arrival of the great bunny himself?

Was it chocolate for breakfast or did they eat their cereal before tucking into their Easter stash?

Were the kids bouncing off the walls after consuming the majority of their Easter chocolate or did they pace themselves in order to make it last as long as possible.

I always ensure I eat a balanced diet every day and that always includes a little chocolate in there somewhere (whether Easter or not).  And I always chuckle to myself when I see recipes that make use of leftover Easter chocolate.  Leftover chocolate!  What is that?  It doesn't ever happen in my household - never ever!

But I understand that not everyone may harbour the love for chocolate as much as I do so for those who end up with leftovers, here are some seemingly delicious recipe ideas.

Starting with brownies and moving swiftly onto bundt cakes, gala pies, chocolate and mint ice-cream and chocolate pancakes - there is no denying that these recipes make awesome use of the Easter treats.  So much so I might have to hunt down more chocolate just so I can make them.  And of course it goes without saying that I don't have to hunt too far to find it.

Hmmm, wonder what I will make first?

No comments:

Post a Comment