Tuesday 29 April 2014

A Poem For Mum


Mother's Day is coming up soon - for those who celebrate the Australian version of the day, this year it falls on Sunday 11 May.

Our mums do so much for us and more often than not we only realise just how much they sacrifice for us as we grow older or even become mums ourselves.

Here is a poem that I found online which I thought was very apt:

Thank You Mum

I know how often I took you for granted
when I was growing up.
I always assumed you'd be there
when I needed you...
and you always were.
But I never really thought about what that meant
till I got older and began to realize
how often your time and energy were devoted to me.
so now, for all the times I didn't say it before,
thank you, Mom...I love you so very much!

- Author Unknown

If you are feeling creative this Mother's Day why not write your mum a poem of your own.  If you find your words somehow are not a reflection of your feelings, then maybe one of our gifts will suffice.



We have an interesting selection of Mother's Day gifts including our Afternoon Tea Hamper and Cravings - Pick Your Mix which I am sure your mum will love.  Don't forget to order a special little something for yourself if you are a mum too (or even if you aren't) - after all you deserve it too!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mums out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment