Monday 26 May 2014

What Did You Do This Weekend?



I don't know about you but sometimes I feel as if I am just as busy on the weekend as I am during the week; but don't worry I still manage to put my feet up from time to time and get some well earned rest.

However for those who aren't aware, the life of a small business owner generally doesn't stop on the weekend - nor is it just 9 to 5.  I know the couriers aren't working on the weekend but I definitely am.

My Saturdays often consist of tidying up the workroom; restocking the packing boxes, sticky tape and tissue paper; printing out blank address labels; putting return address labels on our Toll satchels and hole punching the gift tags.

When it looks as though it is going to be a busy week, I often prepare some of our more popular gifts ready for the Monday rush.  However for the most part, we generally create the gifts as each order comes in.  Quality and freshness is always one of our main priorities.

And of course there is that ongoing job of "quality control".  Just last week I had a KitKat for breakfast and today a Mars Bar (all in the name of quality testing of course).

Our newest gift box, Old Blighty Chocolates, look like they are going to be super popular.  And with a selection of English Chocolates including Ashbury Caramel Cups, Peppermint Creams, Strawberry Creams and Turkish Delight, there is no guessing as to why!

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment